Monday, October 10, 2005

Another Suitcase in Another Hall

Well, maybe not that dramatic.

I took my lunch half-hour and signed up for the YMCA. Aside from the frustration in competing for the attention of the membership representative against five retired women, it went smoothly. I was able to pick up some soup for lunch.

This afternoon was my last workout at the YWCA. I spent 35 minutes in an empty pool and had an excellent workout. I finished with the butterfly.

I love doing the butterfly stroke. I love the way the water flows from one end of the pool to other. I love the sensation of air bubbles underneath my arms. I love the feel of my body coming up out of the water.

The locker room was completely empty. There were still a ton of rental lockers in use, but even those will be cleaned out by Friday. Either the renters will empty them or the locks will be cut off and the contents placed in lost and found.

I did not go up to the fitness center. Too depressing.

Next week I'll begin lifting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment