Saturday, January 10, 2009

Recovery

A less disgusting, but boring entry about my healing mouth. Because my brain is a defective sieve, incapable of holding any of the items I want to write about and I have nothing else right now but a whine about my brother's cancelled bachelor party, which ruined my plans to have the house to myself for the weekend and a second whine about the Penguins, as they continue their painful slide into last place.

Monday
The stitches and stent came out, after a quick examination by the periodontist and the application of more topical Novocaine. There was another brief moment of panic when I accidentally scraped away some of the graft tissue, thinking it was excess packing. A brief tour of the internets reassured me that I had not done any damage and that the graft would be alright.

I turn down the offer to put the stent back in.

Tuesday
I met my hockey buddy for lunch at Pamela's. I have breakfast for lunch, crepe style pancakes stuffed with strawberries covered with brown sugar and sour cream. D orders a sandwich and fries. I'm still on the softer variety of foods to protect my sore palate and gums.

During our conversation I learn that D had the same procedure done on his two front teeth, sans packing or stent or prescription drugs to ease post-operative pain.

D ends up losing his ATM card and gets a parking ticket. I don't think he will be meeting me for lunch in my neighborhood anytime soon.

Weekend
Call off work on Friday to see if I can recover some of the sleep I've lost in the past several days. Lounge in bed and think about ways to get myself out of the house and interacting with people again. Decide to sign up for a four week class at the Pittsburgh Glass Center. The class meets on Sundays. I will be learning how to transfer photograhic images to glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment