Saturday, August 04, 2012

Sporting Support - Much Has Changed

With J and Toddler Alien gone for the week, I took Friday off with the intention of sleeping in and lounging about the house until they arrived home. A last minute change of plans left me with a three day weekend to myself. Faced the prospect of too much free time, I emailed a friend, informing her that I was suddenly free for the next three days and asked if she would like to get together. B suggested coming to her Yoga class, then getting some breakfast.

Which is how I found myself digging through my drawer of workout clothing at 8:00am Friday morning, trying to find something suitable for a 9:00am Yoga class. As merciless and brutal as my initial post-baby purge had been, I still found myself putting on clothing that no longer fit.

Specifically sports bras. The bands of most of the bras have deteriorated over the past months and the cup sizes are mysteriously and ridiculously small. I managed to salvage three Under Armour bras, but they will not last more than a couple of months.

So after a class that left my upper body sore and my wrists aching and a smashing good breakfast at Pamela's, I set off for Marshall's to replace the bras. And walked straight into trouble.

Some time, in the past three years, the really great, supportive, tight compression bras that I am used to wearing while working out disappeared and were replaced with total, utter crap. Every single bra I tried on, even tried and true brands from my pre-baby life, were so loose of band and short of cup fabric as to be unusable.

Visits to two other Marshall's, a T.J. Maxx and a Dick's Sporting Goods over the past two days have confirmed my suspicions. If you are a woman who is large of cup but small of chest, you will not find bras to fit you in your average retail store.

The closest to success I came was an Under Armour bra I found it Dick's, which was tight of band but too small in the cup to be comfortable. I've checked online and I can order the bras from their website - but at $57.99 a bra plus shipping, I am paying dearly for the privilege of making sure my upper body stays put.







No comments:

Post a Comment