Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Defining Oneself

"Belletristic": A writer of belles-lettres; written and regarded for aesthetic value rather than content.
Synonyms include: academic, bookish, literary and liberal.

"Cat": A small carnivorous mammal (Felis catus or F. domesticus) domesticated since early times as a catcher of rats and mice and as a pet and existing in several distinctive breeds and varieties. A spiteful woman.
Synonyms include: puss, tabby, kitty, mouser and admirer.

So what?

Many years ago, I went through a period when I wrote a lot. Primarily letters to friends and family. Many of these letters were typed on my computer's word processing program and I have been very fortunate, three computers later, to still retain a file of missives. Letter writing was my way of absorbing the unfolding events in my life.

Lately inspired by Amy Tan's The Opposite of Fate, I have decided to resurrect my desire to tell stories by, well, telling stories.

As for the blog name, I love to read and like cats. But I am not spiteful.

No comments:

Post a Comment