Thursday, August 04, 2005

Get Out of My Lane!

I changed my workout schedule to mornings three weeks ago to get myself out of a rut. It has been a long three weeks adjusting to the new time schedule and I hope it will pay off in the long run. The upside of working out early (as I do not have to BE at work until 9am) is that I get to lift and swim. The downside is that I go to work tired (temporary) and very hungry.

I have one thing to say to three people who enter the pool area, usually after I have been doing laps for 15 minutes.

GET OUT OF MY LANE.

Seriously. Get out. I don't understand why you find it necessary to push me out of my lane every single damn time I'm in the pool. Is it because I look younger than anyone else there, so you think I'm an easy target? I'm really sorry that you suffer from anxiety when separated from your best friend and pool buddy, but you are a grownup. I'm not talking about when the pool is crowded either. I'm talking about stealing my lane while I am swimming when half of the lanes are open and just happen to be the ones you don't like. If you want your favorite lap location get up earlier. Did not your mother teach you any manners at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment