Thursday, November 10, 2005

Today's Annoyance

I'm married.

I did not change my name.

I logged into my College's alumni site to update my job title and discovered that:
A. My name had been changed to that of my husband.
B. My email address was incorrect.
C. The institution where I obtained my graduate degree no longer displays.

I managed to correct A and B and update my job title. I'm writing up C as a defect since it would not display even after I added the graduate school back into my profile.

I accepted when I got married that some people were not going to address me by anything other than my married name, no matter what I did. But the college in question did not have permission to change my data.

To ease my irritation, I took the Political Compass Test. My results were:

Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95

Apparently I am right there with Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama. Excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment