Monday, September 08, 2008

My Faith in Humanity...

...of the personal and the universal has taken a beating in the past week. So much so that I actually lost my normal reserve of self control towards friends of other political persuasions and called a Republican acquaintance a “raving lunatic asshole” after reading his “Democrats hate women” crack on Facebook. My friend took the full text of my comment down (his right, his page) but also seems to have reined in the snark some. Mind you, the crack came on the heels of a slam against Obama for not supporting a half brother in Kenya (who has stated he does not want Obama's assistance), one he never knew existed until several years ago.

I'm not ashamed of what I said. John McCain choosing Palin as his running mate makes me insane. It makes me insane that woman who got where she is because of the hard work and devotion of thousands of feminist predecessors is fully prepared to dismantle everything those women fought for.

It makes me insane that McCain chose Palin to pander to a segment of the population that is disaffected with the Democrats over the treatment of Hillary Clinton. It makes me even more insane to know that some people are going to fall for it.

It makes me insane to hear McCain and Palin and other Republican water carriers

And he might win. That is the most crazy making thought of all. McCain might win and my country will continue its right wing nutjob slide towards oblivion.

People suck.

Compounding my frustration is the fact that I did a favor for a friend a week ago and have received no acknowledgment for my effort. My follow-up emails have been ignored and I am feeling bruised and used. And not just a little bit pissed about it.

Throw in the postal employee who got angry and yelled at me for coming to his window before he was ready and the mean people who made YouTube take down all the McCain Barack Rolling videos and I'm just about ready to call it a night on the universe.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe they took down the Barack Rolling Videos! (and all the other bad stuff, too)

    Jenn, it will get better! It will. It has to.

    L

    ReplyDelete