Friday, September 19, 2008

A Collection of Random Randomness

1. Crazy people who argue about whether the dinosaur statue in Oakland is a rhinoceros or not make me edgy, especially when they attempt to involve me in their debate (thank you iPod with Bose in-ear headphones!) This pair rides my bus quite often, always sits in the last pair of seats in the back on the left-hand side and somehow believes that periodical ejaculations of "come awhnn" and "move bus, move" will make the bus go faster.

2. I think I witnessed a performance piece from my office window this morning. Across the street a group of college students took over a parking space, rolled out a section of fake turf carpet, set up a plastic table and chairs and a cast iron and wood park bench and proceeded to hang out in the space, playing cards, talking and entertaining visitors. I found myself wondering a. if they had put money in the meter and b. how they managed to score a parking space on Forbes Avenue in Squirrel Hill at noon-ish.

3. This afternoon on my way back downtown I actually listened to a young woman end every sentence with a question? Like this? You know? She was like, really into photography? And going to take pictures of a game on Sunday? And maybe [her friend] should come along?

4. Happiness really is a warm, purring, headbutting, cuddly kitty. And an empty house.

5. Chris Maverick.*

*He knows what this means.

No comments:

Post a Comment