Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Have the Answers

I was going to write a detailed entry about the number of strangers who walked up to me today and asked me seemingly random questions, but I can only remember two incidents. I know there were more. It feels as if there were more. But I can only remember two and only one really stands out.

Stranger One asked possibly the most random question I will ever get from any individual. Which is saying something, because I have fielded some really weird questions over the years.

We were standing near the front of the bus, waiting for it to stop, when she turned to me and asked “Is tomorrow Thursday or Friday?

Sadly, I had to pause and really think about what she was asking me. For a moment I found myself pondered the question about what day it was today and what day it would be tomorrow. And for a moment, I was not certain how to answer her question.

When I responded that tomorrow was a Thursday, she remarked that it was strange, because it felt like today was a Thursday. I found myself agreeing with her premise. A week in which one must pause to determine what day it is, is a long week indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment