Thursday, November 29, 2012

The One with the Hand Truck


Several years ago, while driving on Second Avenue, J had to dodge a tire thrown from an overpass. It was a slightly surreal experience, watching the tire bouncing down the road, traffic at a standstill until it stopped moving, exchanging puzzled looks with our neighbor in the next lane over.

Tonight, while driving back from my dinner date with TA, I experienced my second encounter with an item that should-not-be-on-the-road in the form of a hand truck (illustration approximate. Your hand truck may vary in appearance). Unlike the tire, it rolled across the road from the left, hit the front end of my hastily stopped car with a crash and a bang, bounced off the vehicle and into traffic on my right.

To quote TA, happily sitting unaware in his seat, “Whoa. That was loud!”

And completely infuriating, as I had agreed this week to trade in the car that was just HIT BY THE HAND TRUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment