Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wedding Story

In which my wonderful and awesome younger brother gets married.

To be honest, there was no drama. The groom and bride made it to the church on time. Everyone remained sober until after the ceremony, although the groomsmen shared a shot of Jack Daniels from the back of the future Father-in-Law's pickup truck to brace them for the afternoon's events.

In short it was fun. The kind of wedding fun you have when the two people getting married are beyond perfect for each other - the ceremony and reception are just a formality. I danced with three of my very young (ages 10, 8 and 6) first cousins, had a long chat with one of my aunts and shared photographs from my Paris trip with some family friends.

The best part? I got to see my younger brother cry for the first time in twenty-five years.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I guess it sounds like a fun time. Although, weddings are a lot more fun when the bride faints and the groom pukes and passes out. LOL

    ReplyDelete