Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hockey News - With Lots of Wikipedia Links

The rest of my Paris trip will be updated this weekend.

Former Penguin's player Tomas Surovy returns to the United States and signs with the Phoenix Coyotes.

Jordan Staal gets arrested while attending older brother Eric's bachelor party. Please read it, as it involved no less than three branches of law enforcement, threats of deportation and two of the prettiest mug shots ever. The comments are also priceless.

Yes, he did break the law. And like hundreds of other underage kids (18 years old, remember) he got caught. Drinking. Not rape, murder, drugs, doping, fixing NBA games or participating in dog fighting. Drinking while underage.

Mike Lange signs for another year of Penguins radio broadcasts. Phil Bourque also returns. Let us hope that over the summer Bourque learned how to add while intoxicated.

The 2007/2008 Penguins giveaway schedule includes four bobbleheads (Crosby, Malkin, Staal and Recchi), a Commemorative Captain's C and other miscellaneous items, including a Penguins Mr. Potato Head.

I want the Penguins Mr. Potato Head. Alas, it is only for fans 14 and younger so I am soliciting suggestions on how to scam one out of the organization.

1 comment:

  1. Those are two very pretty booking photos (a phrase I never thought I'd be using). And I acknowledge I am sadly over the hill. When I used to watch Lemieux and company trounce the Washington Capitals in the 80s, I was watching some college classmates of mine play hockey. This pretty baby (Jordan Staal) is too young for me to have babysat him as a teenager. That's scary.

    ReplyDelete