Sunday, July 29, 2007

Paris When It Drizzles - Part I

In contrast to last year's heat wave was this year's cold front. It rained. Almost every day. For twelve straight days. I had two days of complete sun and temperate warmth. I spent the rest of the time trekking around the city in one of three increasingly dirty, long sleeved t-shirts, combing through the sales at the various Gap locations searching for clean long sleeved t-shirts to keep me warm.

Even in the rain Paris is lovely beautiful for walking, bare of head and sans umbrella. I once again skipped visiting the packed museums for the Seine, the parks and the city streets. I missed out on visiting Giverny (again) due to the weather and discovered that two weeks is a week too long to be away from J.

The first round of photographs.

Flowers in the Place de la Nation.


The steps in front of Sacré Cœur.


A memento in Montmartre Cemetery.


Bicycles in a covered arcade.

2 comments:

  1. The photo of the memento in Montmartre Cemetery is fascinating. I love the reflections and contrasts. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If or when I ever visit Paris this is what I'm going to do. Just wander around and see the sight. Museums are great, and I enjoy them, but nothing is more fun than just wandering around.

    ReplyDelete