Thursday, September 13, 2007

Little Red Bicycle

My day began shortly before 6:00 AM when the alarm woke me from a dream of dancing monkeys, music and songs about dancing monkeys. Sung by Jack Johnson. I must have been thinking about Curious George before I went to sleep. It was a perfect bookend to Tuesday night, in which I took a hot bath and essentially passed out in my bed. Several days of stress and little sleep will do that to a girl.

It could have been a bad day, trapped in meetings at 10:00 AM, 12:30 PM and 2:00 PM, with a testing deadline looming over my head. I also received a heads-up email from my manager of a general come-to- discussion over our work habits. My manager wanted to let me know in advance that there were not any issues with my work. Its a good thing to know.

Somehow it was not a bad day. Maybe because J is up and moving around, his incisions well on the way to healed. Maybe it was because it was sunny and cooler today and I was able to put the window next to my desk up to catch some of the fresh-”ish” air. Maybe because I was able to leave work early enough to go home, put my new red bicycle in the car and go for a ride. My only complaint about the ride is that the path I chose is not long enough. I am going to try the Jail Trail tomorrow afternoon, if the weather gods continue to be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment