Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Vacation's End

This is a disjointed post. I'm sleepy and sore, the result of swimming 600 meters using only my legs and 200 meters using only my arms.

The Cape was cold, sunny and spectacular, a perfect place to spend the Thanksgiving holiday. No photographs this year, as I was too busy having fun and allowing my mind to remain empty for five straight days.

Thanksgiving was spent reading Philip Pullman and watching J prepare dinner. We went non-traditional this year with garlic mashed potatoes, roasted carrots and quail stuffed with sausage. An uncooked quail looks like a dancing bird from Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer video. In a moment of goofiness, J picked one up and made it dance before stuffing and cooking it.

Friday was more of the same, sleeping, reading and cooking. Friends joined us over the weekend, clam chowder on Friday, wild caught salmon on Saturday. Bike ride, reading and Scrabble. My friend convinced me to join Facebook so we could play Scrabble against each other on-line. He is currently beating me by one point.

Sad, that I am lured into social networking by the call of the Scrabble board, no?

Sunday a long drive home, insane traffic in the Poconos, uncooperative spark plugs, a late arrival with all four tires intact.

Speaking of tires, how about a set of Hello Kitty bicycle tires for Christmas this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment