Sunday, November 11, 2007

Writer's Block...

... and procrastination as I figure out where to take my characters next.

J and I went to Columbus, OH on Saturday to have dinner with a friend and some of his people. The drive down was pleasant except for the involuntary detour we ended up taking on the way to the motel because of an error in Google Maps. Even that turned out well, as we were able to stop and do a little bit of shopping while waiting to check into our room at 3:00 PM.

Dinner was at Buca di Beppo, a most excellent place to share a meal with a group of nine. It was one of those rare encounters when strangers became friendly quickly as we compared notes on wine and passed the appetizers, salads, main course and desserts around the table for everyone to share. The food was good and the hostess took us on a walk through the kitchen so we could see what the staff was cooking.

This afternoon our friend took us to Katzinger's Deli for lunch and down the street to one of the most amazing independent bookstores I have ever set foot in. Thirty-two rooms of new books, all genres represented. I wanted to purchase the His Dark Materials trilogy (more on why coming up), but a new hardcover set was $60.00. I also checked out a Half Priced Books to see if I could purchase a used set, but it was not to be found.

While in Columbus, my friend gave me the coolest Penguins hat E.V.E.R.

The Front

The Back

No comments:

Post a Comment