Friday, July 21, 2006

Miscellanea

  1. I actually spelled "miscellanea" correctly on the first attempt.
  2. Need a new, all-in-one cooking gadget? Try the Thermomix! I may have found the gadget to aid me in getting over my laziness in the kitchen. That is if I can get past the amount of time it takes to learn how to use the thing.
  3. These are not auspicious signs when one is about to commence international travel:
    • Sudden and massive allergies. Bad enough to necessitate renewing my prescription of Singulair to manage the inevitable asthma attack and get my allergies under control.
    • Thunderstorm warnings for the next 24 hours starting LATE Thursday afternoon.
    • Tropical storm Beryl (I'm flying out of Newark Airport. Yes, I know the airport is a hole).
    • An ongoing heat wave in Europe. Guess I'll have to take those "too tight" tank tops. (This is according to my mother. J has reassured me that my shirts are not too tight.)
    • The floor tile we ordered for the bathroom is on a truck "somewhere". Home Depot is not sure which truck or where the tile is at this moment. UPDATE: The tile made it, but not before a very befuddled CSR cancelled one of the orders. J straightened it out in a subsequent phone call.
  4. These are auspicious sign when one is about to commence international travel:
    • My father's biopsy results were clear. Cancer limited to the prostate only. He will not have to have chemotherapy or radiation.
    • A state judge has overturn North Carolina's law banning cohabitation.
    • I found the card for the a hat shop, Manon Martin, we visited on our first trip. On the back was the name of a cafe that served us the best meal we had in Paris.
  5. A public service reminder: When one asks for a quote for a ride to the airport over the internet and receives an insanely inexpensive quote, one should confirm the amount BEFORE giving a credit card number.

2 comments:

  1. The thermomix looks very cool. And considering the size of most European kitchens I can imagine it would be incredibly popular.

    Great news about your dad. I'm very happy to hear that.

    Have a great time in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay about your dad! I'm very happy to hear the results are so positive.

    ReplyDelete