Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Am Not a Prude

I don't have issues changing in front of other women in the locker room. The time when I have found the being naked in front of a bunch of other women fraught with peril has passed. Granted I had to join a gym to get over it, but over it I am.

However, I am getting increasingly irritated by my gym's failure to repair the faucets in the private showers. All three of the private stalls are out of commission, forcing the women who use that particular locker room to use the open showers instead. As the gym will be moving to a new building in less than a year, the maintenance staff has zero motivation to make repairs.

Which means there are going to be a lot of angry people on the bus for the next few months, especially the unlucky individuals who are forced to sit down next to my sweaty, smelly self.

3 comments:

  1. I don't like those big open multi-person showers either. There's always somebody in there that wants to talk to me. Makes me a little uncomfortable. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is just lousy with virtue. You not only go to the gym, but you take the god damn bus, in PITTSBURGH, to get there. You get a medal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gym ONLY has the open/group showers and it used to totally freak me out, but now I actually prefer them. Im a major germaphobe and dont like being in a tiny enclosed space with moldy curtains up near my naked body.....meanwhile, I think people act "cleaner" when they know people can see them. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete