Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Spent All Day in Front of a Computer...

...to come home and spend more time in front of a computer, as tired as I am. Because life has been a little too interesting to allow events of the past several days to pass without commentary.

Hockey:

The Penguins are now 3-0 in Playoff Round 1 and looking towards wrapping up the best of seven series in Ottawa on Wednesday night. The highlight of the series was Game 1, when 41 year old Gary Roberts challenged two Senators to a fight, had to be forcibly removed from the ice by two linesmen and amassed 16 minutes in penalties with 12 seconds left to play.



The Cult of Gary Roberts is strong in Pittsburgh.

Well known Rangers pest Sean Avery inspires a new interpretation on rules about screening the opposing goalie, nicked named “The Avery Rule”. Points to Avery for creativity.



Locally:
Rumor has it that the explosion that destroyed two houses in the North Side was not caused by natural gas. It is a slow spring in Western Pennsylvania.

H/t and personal to Jay: While I fully acknowledge that a gunshot in the head is the most effective way to dispatch meteorite zombies, it does not have the same panache as beating them on the head with a pool cue in rhythm to Queen's Don't Stop Me Now.

U.S District Attorney Mary Beth Buchanan will retry Dr. Cyril Wecht. Wecht's first trial ended in a hung jury. Why is the District Attorney wasting her time with this?

Personally:
I had a girl date on Saturday. I met a new friend for dinner and to see a band play 70's and 80's AM radio covers.

While the evening started out innocuously enough I'm not sure whether I'll hang out with her again. During the course of the evening she announced that she was a pothead, alternately grilled and lectured me on my childlessness and pressured me about my conservative drinking habits.

FYI - Most disgusting email subject in my Spam folder to date: “Used g-strings for sale”. Uh, no thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Your last two items are (in this order) intriguing and hilarious.

    I remember once being out with a crowd that included a girl I didn't know well, who said, "I love the feeling of kissing someone right after you snort coke."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was intriguing, to say the least. We've gotten together a few times before Saturday night and she seemed normal then. Some have suggested that she was high Saturday night.

    It is always interesting, the random comments you come across.

    ReplyDelete