Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Am I a Jerk?

Seriously, this is just a brain dump since I'm not tired enough to go to bed and don't feel like reading.

I contacted the seller of the now infamous Martin Straka jersey card. Text of my email to the seller:

Hi,

I really hate to put you in this position, but I have not received the card. I have utmost confidence that you mailed the card, but it never made it to my door.

This puts me in a difficult position in determining your feedback. I cannot give you any feedback at this time. I cannot give you positive feedback because I never received the item. But I don't feel it is appropriate to give you neutral or negative feedback either, because I
do believe that you sent the card.

I am not asking for my money back, because refunding a penny is pointless. I just wanted to make you aware of the situation.

I wanted you to know that I intend to report the item to eBay as "Not received" as 3 weeks is more than enough time for the card to make it to my address. In addition, I purchased another card from a seller in Quebec on January 19th and received that card in less than a week's
time.

Thank you,

The somewhat panicked seller sent the following response:

DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPEN...THE CARD HAS BEEN SHIPPED DIRECT TO THE POSTAL SERVICE THE DAY AFTER PAYMENT RECEIVED...LET ME KNOW IF YOU RECEIVED IT THIS WEEK...OTHERWISE I WILL LOOK TO BUY ONE BY MYSELF AND SHIP IT TO YOU...SORRY FOR THE DELAY BUT IT'S OUT OF MY CONTROL...SINCERLY

Hmm, turn off the caps locks, pretty please. And stop using ellipsis in place of periods.

I don't blame the seller. I really do believe that he mailed the card to me. He had other cards for sale at the same time, and all those buyers got their stuff. So what happened to mine?

Options:
  • Sitting at the bottom of a mail truck?
  • Sitting at the bottom of the storage box up the street?
  • Delivered to the wrong address?
  • Opened by the Department of Homeland Security (tee hee hee) because they thought it was a credit-card shaped bomb? It was coming from Canada. I still have not determined whether Canada counts as "overseas".
  • Swiped from our mail slot by someone who thought it was a credit card?
  • Swiped by someone else who is a Martin Straka fan?
  • Taking a tour of the world ala Where's Waldo? or the gnome in Le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain?
  • Swiped by Martin himself?

No comments:

Post a Comment