Saturday, February 25, 2006

NBC SUCKS

Not that I have anything against curling, but it is not exactly what I wanted to see this year in the Olympics. Curling was interesting, in a soothing, put-you-to-sleep sort of way. Bobsledding was cool. But the plethora of ice dancing, figure skating, short track, long track, etc, etc, etc has driven me to distraction.

Today was the last straw. It was bad enough last Sunday when NBC pre-empted a period and a half of the Czech game to cut to women's curling. Today, after the Czechs beat Russia for the bronze medal, they pre-empted the ceremony to run a video about an Italian bobsledder from the 1950's and 60's. I missed the damn medal ceremony.

All I wanted to catch was the hockey games. Since the games play while I'm AT WORK, I have had to settle for checking the scores and looking at photographs. Yahoo! has been terrible at keeping the scores updated in their Olympic section, and NBC has not been much better. Google video is down right now, so I can't even attempt to find a video of the ceremony.

The NHL starts back up on Wednesday. J and I have tickets to the Penguins game that night. I can't wait.

The second Martin Straka jersey card came in the mail last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment