Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Have I Officially Lost my Mind?

I've been kicking around an idea for a novel for some time now and finally decided to do something about turning an idea into words on a page. However, it will involve a considerable amount of research into a sport in which my enthusiasm and interest far outstrip my knowledge.

Yesterday I decided to enter different athlete's names into a people search site. Imagine my shock when one of the names produced an address and phone number.

So I dropped a note in the mail today asking if he would grant me an interview. The worse that can happen is that he says yes, and I actually have to go ahead and write the novel. Since I don't have a treatment, agent, contract or editor the chances of actually being published are zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment