Wednesday, February 15, 2006

So There Was a Fight Today

Because of a crazy, crazy schedule I was not able to step outside until it was time to go home at 4:30 this afternoon. As I walked out the door I heard a lot of kids shouting in the parking lot next to my building. Twenty seconds later, the shouting turned to screaming. I turned around and two fights had broken out, one on the sidewalk and a second in the middle of the street.

It was somewhat terrifying to see one kid hold another in a chokehold. Especially in the middle of traffic. It was broken up swiftly by the police, in the combination of three motorcycle cops, two bicycle cops and an unmarked car. There was a second moment of terror when the unmarked car almost ran a light right into a Port Authority bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment