Saturday, October 28, 2006

Bicycle Bicycle

Note to MSNBC: As a resident of the city of Pittsburgh, I do appreciate that you sent a reporter to our city to do a story on the Santorum/Casey race. Next time, try not to choose your location shots based on the picturesque background of metal fence and curving steel bridges, especially when the fence in question is right next to a set of active train tracks.

Yesterday J and I rented bicycles and went for a ride along Cape Cod's Rail Trail. We spent almost four hours riding through the gorgeous fall weather, stopping occasionally so I could rest and listen to J say for the 10,009 time “I don't understand how you can swim over a mile without a problem but you become winded walking up a hill” and “your body really does not like you, does it?”


I married such a sweet, sweet man. Really. A half bottle of red wine at dinner helped to ease my pain.
Nor'easter today. Rain, wind and dead tree branches in the yard. J, overly optimistic that we would be spending all of our time out of doors, is desperately searching for amusement. My suggestion that he run to the store to purchase dinner for the next two days was met with a stare and a reminder to the location of the van's keys as he headed out the door on his walk in the rain.

Agenda for the rest of the day: Change out of my flannel pajamas (so comfy!), more red wine, painting, run to the store to buy bugs for tonight's dinner and steak for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment