Sunday, October 29, 2006

Vacation End

No photographs today, as J got the camera wet walking in the pouring rain yesterday while I painted, drank wine and watched the rain fall. Since the camera needed to dry out completely, I missed capturing the wind blowing the sand across the dunes, the workers processing cranberries and the blue, blue sky.

A and his wife K came out to spend the day with us. I almost knocked him over with my hug, as I have not seen him in nine years. Someone from a time in my life, still in my life, standing in front of me for the first time in nine years.

He looked the same. His wife K is lovely. He gave me a real hug after he caught his balance.

We walked on several of the beaches and got sand in our shoes and our hair and the pockets of our jeans. I lost my hat (Pittsburgh Penguins) several times. We got a little bit lost, but not too much. The wind blew so strong that I though it would knock me over.

We came back to the house, drank beer and wine, and ate far too much food.

Tomorrow we return home. Tuesday we go back to work.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time. Any day spent walking along the beach is going to be a good day.

    ReplyDelete