Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Sandbox & Iftar

First:

Doonesbury's Military Blog.

Second:

On Monday, I spent the afternoon in high heeled boots (my most comfortable heels) and a suit to act as emcee for the Pittsburgh Dialogue Foundation's Conference and 6th annual Iftar. I somehow managed to make it through the conference and dinner without destroying my white shirt and the only name I butchered was of one of the musicians. I should be ashamed of myself – he was Polish. Destroying a Polish name in Pittsburgh is a major social faux-pas.

Words really do escape me in trying to describe the Conference, except to say that it was amazing to sit in a room and listen to very smart, very literate people talk rationally about religion and faith.

I hope they ask me to emcee again next year. By then I may have the presence of mind to take notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment