Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Let the Remodeling Begin

Darling husband has decided to start on remodeling the only bathroom in the house by removing the wall tile. The tile is an ugly white with weird blue accent colors. The floor is tiled the same shade as the wall. The bathroom sink is a different shade of blue. In an attempt to make the small space more cheerful the former owner put flower decals on the wall. It didn't work.

I don't think any work was done on the bathroom, ever, aside from replacing the sink and toilet. The bathtub is cast-iron. Alas, it is not the cool claw foot cast-iron tub that I had in my apartment in Greensboro. It is an ugly, shallow thing that is set an inch around into the wall and floor. Removing the tub is going to be a nightmare, but it needs to be done, because I like to bathe when I run a tub. (Our first home had a large, deep, jacuzzi. Our first home also had bad pipes, so it took an hour to fill and the water ended up cold. But I digress...)

It is regrettable that removing tile makes so much noise. I set a time limit on the pounding so J can only do it until 10pm. This gives me to brush my teeth and wash my face, but two to three hours a night in our little house is a little much. The cats split the time between hiding underneath furniture and napping next to me on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment