Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sick and Other Meditations

Item 1: Quote of the year: “I have an attention span as long as the largest word The Shrub can pronounce correctly”. Check out a clear view to a new life for the rest of the entry.

Item 2: I caught cold 519 and it has been getting progressively worse throughout the week. Tomorrow is a company holiday, so I get the day off. It is an extra day to sleep, but I have to get up on time to haul myself down to Oakland to meet a friend, check out some museums, blow through Kaufman's before it becomes Macy's and take in a Penguin game.

Item 3: Brighton Beach Memoirs rules. I finally got an opportunity to see it tonight, with tea and all three cats. I wish we had a copy of Biloxi Blues. Chicago is ok, but not an adequate substitute.

Item 4: The BigRedKitty is also known as Wigford. We don't know how he got his name. We narrowed it down to a Stonehenge-type circle in England or a rugby player.

Item 5: Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs are evil. And yummy.

Item 6: Someone gave up his seat on the bus to me yesterday.

Eons ago, my best friend and I had a long conversation on the demographics and behaviors of bus riders.

From our completely biased and anecdotal evidence, we determined that the type least willing to give up a seat were men in suits, expensive shoes and briefcases. The type most willing were women with small children.

My least favorite demographic are those who think the bus is their private hired vehicle. These are the people who sit in the middle of two seats and surround themselves with their purse, miscellaneous bag-o-stuff and lunch (the women) or simply spread their body wide over the seats (the men), thereby avoiding the possibility of having to sit next to anybody. I've given up trying to shame them freeing up space. It is not worth it anymore.

Item 7: I wish I had some clever story to tell tonight. Instead I'll just post a Paris photograph. This is Les Halles Carousel. Little did J and I know at the time that you should NOT be in this area at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment