Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bad News

I was going to write about Graydon Carter, who put a name, via this month's Letter to the Editor in Vanity Fair, to what I was feeling all day Sunday and Monday of this week. That is "fuckup fatigue", a phrase he attributed to Bill Maher.

But I just talked to my parents. My dad was diagnosed with Stage II Prostate cancer today. He has to have more tests, including a bone scan, to make sure the cells are not lurking elsewhere. He will have surgery by the end of month.

I'm so tired.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the news Jenn. We'll keep your dad and you in our thought and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I am so sorry to hear this and will be thinking of you and your family, especially your father. I have heard that prostate cancer is supposed to be very treatable--hopefully this is the case for your Dad, too!

    Take care of yourself . . . sleep if you need that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to both of you. I saw my father today (Sunday) and he is very upbeat.

    ReplyDelete