Sunday, May 14, 2006

Blessings

In all of the sudden chaos, I forgot that there was good news this week.

Many years ago, at the encouragement of a friend, I wrote a children's story about our cat Axel as a Christmas gift for J. My original intent was to illustrate the book, but I am not good at drawing animals or people. The project was left unfinished, with the text following me through three computers (and three homes as well).

My friend got back in touch with me recently and asked what happened to the project. I told him about my lack of skill and we discussed searching for an art student who might be willing to do drawings on specification for a portfolio.

Through a series of circumstances B has found a graphic artist who may be interested in creating some illustrations and knows a publisher of children's books.

I think the deities are trying to tell me something.

2 comments:

  1. That is very cool, Jenn! You are due a helping of good luck and hopefully this is just the beginning of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool. Maybe this could turn into a whole series of childrens stories. You should start working on ideas for other titles an stories. That would be fun.

    ReplyDelete