Thursday, June 15, 2006

Giddy

I purchased a new (to me) brand of rum today, Gosling's Burmuda Gold, and I am feeling a little giddy after sampling it in some Coke. Giddy enough that I managed to drop a both a rechargeable 9-volt and an EN-EL3 Lithium-Ion battery onto the floor while trying to figure out how to set up the charger for the latter. Later I managed to prove that there is such a thing as too much garlic (I honestly did not think it was possible) when I poured too much garlic powder in my pasta and ended up with my mouth on fire.

Giddiness may also be a result of the new toy that came today, a Nikon D50 camera, which I have a little over a month to learn how to use before I leave for Paris. After I dropped the batteries J asked me to resist picking up the camera until tomorrow for fear that I will break it. Right now he is installing the battery and attaching the strap to the camera.

I can't wait to take some photographs.

Picking up the camera was an interesting trip. My neighbors bombed their house recently sending hundreds of spiders into our back yard. One of them decided to take up residence on the driver's side car window, a fact I did not notice until I was in the car and ready to pull out into traffic.

Since I'm not fond of spiders, especially hairy black and white ones the size of nickels, I closed the windows and left the sunroof open, thinking that my little un-friend would eventually fall off the car.

But the traffic was stop-and-go and after a few minutes I decided to close the sunroof and turn on the air conditioning. While sitting at a stoplight I looked up to see the spider crawling across the sunroof. I spent the rest of the trip shuddering, brushing imaginary creatures off my legs and trying to find something to kill the spider with if it happened to make an appearance inside the car.

Thus ends the adventures of giddy Jenn.

2 comments:

  1. I'm definately expecting you to post some pics with the new camera. I think cameras are like watches. I could have a dozen of them and want another, and I'm not that good at taking pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with the new camera, Jenn! I picked up a long-desired new lens for my camera today and am quivering with nerdy excitement over it.

    ReplyDelete