Friday, June 02, 2006

This Cannot be Happening

I am past the tears and entering phase pissed at this point.

I called Mom today to let her know that we were coming down late tonight for the wedding shower tomorrow. After some needless discussion over where J and I would be sleeping (the house will be full, we will have to take a couch) she told me about their trip to see the surgeon yesterday and the tenative dates for surgery.

Dad is having a procedure called a da Vinci Prostatectomy. It is done by a surgeon via Robotic Hands. Pretty cool once you get past the fact it is being done on a family member.

The date the surgeon is attempting to schedule is July 18th.
The alternate, more likely, date is July 25th.

I think my head might explode.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jenn . . . there is someone in Dallas hoping feverishly (literally) for a July 18th successful surgery for your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love all the politicians who think that universal healthcare is a terrible idea because they say it will ration healthcare and make for long waiting lists? What do they think is happening right now? If you father was the CEO of Exxon he wouldn't have to wait that damn long to get this procedure done.

    I hope everything works out.

    ReplyDelete