Friday, June 02, 2006

Whoops

We have two cars. The first is J’s, a 1992 Mazda Miata with a manual transmission. He only drives it in good weather because the odometer is pushing 160,000 miles and the roof needs replaced. He has been talking about replacing lately and everytime the conversation comes up I point out that it is paid off, the insurance is a pittance and I am paying the bill. Then I ask him to wait until we get the second car paid off.

We share a Volvo S40. I love, love, love this car. It is my dream vehicle. It has a sunroof and heated seats. We purchased it used a year ago and have had very little trouble with it.

Earlier this week I handed the registration renewal and a check for $36.00 to J. His task was simple: fill out the odometer reading and insurance information (since it is in the car and he is driving it to work everyday) and put it in the mail.

Yesterday's morning conversation:

Me: Did you mail the registration?
J: Yes.
Me: Did you fill out the insurance and odometer reading?

-- Silence

J: Oh, shit.

So busy was J, while at the Post Office, making sure that all the mail had the correct postage he forgot to fill out the renewal form. Instead he stamped, sealed and mailed without a second thought.

This weekend I will renew the registration online and pay an additional $36.00 for the privilege. I hold out little hope of getting the first check back and am certain that this will not be the end. Because it is the DMV.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun, Jenn! I noticed yesterday that my registration expired in 2/05. Yes, you read that right. Oops.

    ReplyDelete